Monday, February 7, 2011

Deadly Thin.

Just got back from college. Had a pretty awful day, but no bigga deal. Life's not a bed of roses, is it?

Okay, so I told myself this morning that I am to sit at my table and start studying upon my return from college. Obviously, I did not. Lol. I had a take-away on my way back and sat in front of my laptop youtubing. (I have to watch a movie while eating!) lol. So, I clicked on this movie title that says ' A secret between friends'.

My first thought on this movie was a huge drama bitch fight over high school boys between two friends or something along the line. Oh, and did i mention, I hadn't bothered reading the comments below because those comments are a total sypnosis of the entire movie. Anyway, half way through, I realized this aint a bitch-i-want-your-boy movie. It is a movie about two bulimic female teens.

In case any of you young people out there that do not know the meaning of Bulimic, allow me to put it in a layman's term. A person is diagnosed with Bulimic when he/she refrains themselves from eating or forcing oneself to barf out immediately after the food intake due to low-self esteem/psychology problem/friends' influence.

Taken from Wikipedia;

Signs and symptoms

The frequent contact between teeth and gastric acid, in particular, may cause:
The person may also suffer physical complications such as tetany, epileptic seizures, cardiac arrhythmias and muscle weakness.

People with bulimia nervosa may also exercise to a point that excludes other activities

  Why am I writing this post?
I just want you all to know the serious consequences that could be brought upon yourself for being a bulimic and before family members could identify your symptoms and notify doctors, it could be too late. Do not, I repeat, Do Not throw away your lives just like that. Hence, if you are one, or you figured one of your friends are having symptoms of such, take action before its too late.

Take for an example, Karen Carpenter from the Carpenters. Her voice comparable to an angel, a face with so much beauty no one could fathom. After a hellish couple of failure in her marriages, she had a psychiatric problem and was diagnosed a bulimic. She became anorexic and lost her life at the age of only 32 battling that eating disorder.

and


Before I end this, here's a video on Dr. Phil's interview with a bulimic patient. There're 4 parts to it. 

Deadly Thin Part 1
Deadly Thin Part 2
Deadly Thin Part 3
Deadly Thin Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment